* footnote citations in reveal.js slides from pandoc markdown
@ 2019-05-08 17:55 Louis Smith
       [not found] ` <40a8e3cc-d3c5-4a4f-bac3-9c7a7b2dcb68-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: Louis Smith @ 2019-05-08 17:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

I have a slideshow with slides that looks like this:
```
# slidesample

- there's a point to this text
- lots of people are talking about it[^1]

[^1]: @item1

# nextslide
- and so forth
```

I would figure that these would put the citation referenced by @item1 in a
footnote below the text in the slide. Instead, the link points at the first
slide in my presentation. If I use a .csl with endnote style references,
those are printed as the last slide. If I use a style with the
'class="note"' attribute, I don't get anything at the end other than a
number and a link pointing to the first slide. If I add some text to the
footnote before the tag that gets printed next to the number at the end of
the slideshow.

My objective is to have references an interested listener could scribble
down on each slide. Is this possible? What am I missing?

Thanks for your time.

* Re: footnote citations in reveal.js slides from pandoc markdown
       [not found] ` <40a8e3cc-d3c5-4a4f-bac3-9c7a7b2dcb68-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
@ 2019-05-08 21:24   ` John MacFarlane
From: John MacFarlane @ 2019-05-08 21:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Louis Smith, pandoc-discuss

The HTML produces endnotes.  These end up at the end
of your presentation, not the bottom of each page.

The note is a bit odd: it links to "#/fn1" instead of
"#fn1".  This looks like a bug -- need to figure out
why.  That explains why the link doesn't work, but you
wouldn't get notes on the bottom of the frame in any
case.

Probably best to do this manually.  Insert a
superscripted reference.  Then put the notes
at the bottom of the slide in a special div,
which you can style with CSS.

@ 2019-05-08 21:34   ` John MacFarlane
From: John MacFarlane @ 2019-05-08 21:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Louis Smith, pandoc-discuss

Source code contains this comment:

  -- in reveal.js, we need #/apples, not #apples:

I can't recall why, though.  But apparently there
is a reason for the insertion of the /?

Tracked it down to this:

https://github.com/jgm/pandoc/issues/835

Documentation:

https://github.com/hakimel/reveal.js/#internal-links

The link should work, as far as I can see.
If I move the fn1 id attribute from the li element
to the enclosing ol element, it works.  No idea why
that would be -- maybe ask the reveal.js people?
Seems like a bug on their end.