* docx to html with paragraph and character styles
@ 2019-08-30  9:11 'Julian R' via pandoc-discuss
       [not found] ` <466909e2-1a54-4a75-8cee-82067c49b003-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: 'Julian R' via pandoc-discuss @ 2019-08-30  9:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

Hello,

i'm tested the docx to html conversion. I'm missing in the html output file
an "style" attribute within the <p> element.
For example in my word document i have a pargraph with the paragraph style
"Dedication" is it possible to get the parapgrah as <p
syle="Dedication">...</p> or something like this?
It would be nice if this is also possible with character styles..
converting to <span style="xxx"></span>

It seems like equations are translated into html, but complex equations
seems not to work and these are written plain as tex. i would like to get
all equations as plain tex.

Thank you. :)

* Re: docx to html with paragraph and character styles
       [not found] ` <466909e2-1a54-4a75-8cee-82067c49b003-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
@ 2019-08-30 16:33   ` John MacFarlane
       [not found]     ` <m2mufqd34a.fsf-pgq/RBwaQ+zq8tPRBa0AtqxOck334EZe@public.gmane.org>
From: John MacFarlane @ 2019-08-30 16:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Julian R' via pandoc-discuss, pandoc-discuss

"'Julian R' via pandoc-discuss" <pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
writes:

> Hello,
>
> i'm tested the docx to html conversion. I'm missing in the html output file
> an "style" attribute within the <p> element.
> For example in my word document i have a pargraph with the paragraph style
> "Dedication" is it possible to get the parapgrah as <p
> syle="Dedication">...</p> or something like this?
> It would be nice if this is also possible with character styles..
> converting to <span style="xxx"></span>

Try with `-f docx+styles`.

> It seems like equations are translated into html, but complex equations
> seems not to work and these are written plain as tex. i would like to get
> all equations as plain tex.

Check out the section of the manual about rendering math in HTML.
--mathjax might be the best option for you.

@ 2019-08-30 18:32       ` 'Julian R' via pandoc-discuss
       [not found]         ` <1ce2bfd9-d459-419a-a532-0afb21ba0d5e-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: 'Julian R' via pandoc-discuss @ 2019-08-30 18:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

Thank you very much. Both options are exactly what i'm searched for.
Is it possible to do not convert headline styles to <h1> etc? rather as <p
data-custom-style...> too?

Maybe you know also an option to assume text colors?

Tables with col spans and row spans are not converted correctly, but it
think that's a really difficult topic - i think.

@ 2019-08-30 18:38           ` John MacFarlane
From: John MacFarlane @ 2019-08-30 18:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Julian R' via pandoc-discuss, pandoc-discuss

writes:

> Thank you very much. Both options are exactly what i'm searched for.
> Is it possible to do not convert headline styles to <h1> etc? rather as <p
> data-custom-style...> too?

Not automatically, but you could write a simple lua filter to
take care of that.  See the docs for lua filters.

> Maybe you know also an option to assume text colors?

Pandoc doesn't do color.

> Tables with col spans and row spans are not converted correctly, but it
> think that's a really difficult topic - i think.

Pandoc doesn't yet supported these, I'm afraid.