* Treating changes in quoted nesting as paragraph breaks
@ 2019-09-19 16:49 Joseph Reagle
       [not found] ` <93cba32f-bf2d-bec8-bb96-58be123e3a0b-T1oY19WcHSwdnm+yROfE0A@public.gmane.org>
From: Joseph Reagle @ 2019-09-19 16:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

I often get email with nested quoting that looks like this:

```
> This is a quoted line.
> > This is a nested quoted line. Wrapping the first line won't
> > touch this one.
> And continuing with a third line.
```

When I process such quotes with pandoc, with wrapping, it sees it
as a single paragraph and makes a mess of it -- understandably.

Would it be possible to process these a bit smarter?

* Re: Treating changes in quoted nesting as paragraph breaks
       [not found] ` <93cba32f-bf2d-bec8-bb96-58be123e3a0b-T1oY19WcHSwdnm+yROfE0A@public.gmane.org>
@ 2019-09-19 18:29   ` John MacFarlane
From: John MacFarlane @ 2019-09-19 18:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Joseph Reagle, pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

Try with -f gfm or -f commonmark.

Pandoc requires a blank line before  a block quote but these
formats don't.

Note, however, that you'll still have problems with

because of laziness, this is interpreted as
blockquote (blockquote (a b)).