* re:rc and Emacs 19.10
@ 1993-05-30 19:42 Hamish (H.I.) Macdonald
From: Hamish (H.I.) Macdonald @ 1993-05-30 19:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: d0asta; +Cc: rc

>>>>> On Sun May 30 19:10:00 1993,
>>>>> d0asta@dtek.chalmers.se wrote:

Magnus> The new emacs doesn't work very well with rc. If you use it in
Magnus> vt100-mode, it just hangs when you press any key. It(emacs) repeatedly
Magnus> tries to read() stdin, but read() returns "I/O error".

Magnus> BTW, I'm on SunOS 4.1.3...

I think this is more of a "non-job control shell on a particular
version of Unix" problem.

e.g.  I have no problems starting emacs 19 from rc on HPUX 8.0.

Other people have reported problems with starting emacs from "sh" as
well.   No problems on HPUX 8.0.

Of course, HPUX 8.0 has it's own problems.  "signal-process" doesn't
appear to work for a process running under a pty.

only message in thread, other threads:[~1993-05-31 12:34 UTC | newest]