* trace in rc
@ 1993-06-18  7:31 malte
From: malte @ 1993-06-18  7:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: rc-owner

Hello,

I've been thinking about how to implement a kind of "intelligent"
trace facility in rc. Intelligent means I want to execute a function
each time a command fails. One parameter to this function should be
the name of the failed command. I thought about the prompt function,
but that doesn't help in shell scripts.

So I'd like to hear what you think about adding a function to rc
which is called after invocation of any command or builtin, running
interactively or not with the last command's name ( or names if it was a
pipe ) as parameter. Then, fn prompt can be defined in terms of this
function, as well as any trace function.

Malte

* Re: trace in rc
@ 1993-06-20  0:01 ` noel
From: noel @ 1993-06-20  0:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: rc-owner

    From:	malte@TechFak.Uni-Bielefeld.DE

    So I'd like to hear what you think about adding a function to rc
    which is called after invocation of any command or builtin, running

NO. Leave rc alone. It isn't broken; don't fix it.