From: "Mark K. Gardner" <mkgardne@cs.uiuc.edu>
To: rc@hawkwind.utcs.toronto.edu
Subject: rsh and rc
Date: Fri, 6 Dec 1996 15:50:00 -0500	[thread overview]

Has anyone managed to get rsh to work when rc is the shell at both
ends? rc is running (I can tell because of an echo command in .rcrc),
but my command doesn't get run (either that or stdout is not being
sent back).

  ; rsh -n perts0 uptime
  In .rcrc!                                <- due to echo in .rcrc

[Setup: I am exec'ing rc from .tcshrc, since our sysadmin has yet to
add rc to /etc/shells. When I use tcsh instead of rc, rsh works fine.
The bin and home directories are identical (i.e., shared). We are
running Solaris v2.5.1.]

Thanks.

--
Mark (mkgardne@cs.uiuc.edu)     -- Up and coming fan of the rc shell.