* Re: named pipe support (Was: autoconfig)
@ 1997-04-02 14:37 Mark K. Gardner
From: Mark K. Gardner @ 1997-04-02 14:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: rc

[ On Tue, April 1, 1997 at 14:28:39 (-0500), Byron Rakitzis wrote: ]
> I am sorely tempted to remove named pipe support. It never worked
> properly. So something is needed to auto-sense the particular
> encoding for /dev/fd (systems encode this differently), which I
> doubt is supplied by GNU autoconf.

I must confess that as a new user of RC, I have not made use of the
named pipe feature. However, I have needed such a feature for a long
time. (Now that I know it is there I will definitely try it out.) I
would like to add my support for continuing the feature and fixing the
problems. Which brings up my next question. What are the problems with
named pipes as they are currently implemented?

--
Mark K. Gardner (mkgardne@cs.uiuc.edu)
Real-Time Systems Laboratory

only message in thread, other threads:[~1997-04-02 23:56 UTC | newest]