From: Christopher Vance <vance@nu.org>
To: Steve Kilbane <steve@whitecrow.demon.co.uk>
Cc: rc@hawkwind.utcs.toronto.edu
Subject: Re: rc futures
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 1999 19:00:26 -0500	[thread overview]

On Sun, Dec 19, 1999 at 06:06:54AM -0500, Steve Kilbane wrote:
: I'm not familiar with readline and its variants, having never explicitly
: gone out looking for it. Does it provide anything other than history
: recall and editing? If not, $history is enough to provide 99% of that
: functionality via an external program.

I've always compiled rc with editline - it's much smaller than readline.
I do use recall and editting frequently.

The only hassle I've had is that interposing editline has occasionally
tripped up the trip tests, and I've had to convince myself that rc was
still okay...

--
Christopher Vance