* path oddity = my fault :-/
@ 2000-05-03 18:10 Carlo Strozzi
From: Carlo Strozzi @ 2000-05-03 18:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: rc

My apologies for the subject "bug" report. It was my fault, due to
the fact that I'm a newbie to Rc. I was setting $path in my ~/.rcrc
file with:
             path = ``(:){echo $PATH}

while it should have been either:

             path = ``(:){echo -n $PATH}
or:
             path = ``($ifs :){echo $PATH}

bye  -carlo
--
I can read MIME or uuencoded e-mail attachments in PDF, Postscript, HTML,
RTF or text formats. Please do not send Word or Excel files.

* Re: path oddity = my fault :-/
@ 2000-05-04  8:31 ` Tim Goodwin
From: Tim Goodwin @ 2000-05-04  8:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: carlos; +Cc: rc

> My apologies for the subject "bug" report. It was my fault, due to
> the fact that I'm a newbie to Rc. I was setting $path in my ~/.rcrc
> file with:
>              path = ``(:){echo $PATH}

I'm glad you got to the bottom of the problem.  (Don't feel too
badly; I've made the same mistake myself of removing NL from $ifs,
and forgetting that it will be then be preserved in backquote
substitutions.)

But I don't understand why you want to do this: rc automatically keeps
$path and $PATH synchronized.

Tim.

* Re: path oddity = my fault :-/
@ 2000-05-04 15:05   ` Carlo Strozzi
From: Carlo Strozzi @ 2000-05-04 15:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: rc

On Thu, May 04, 2000 at 09:31:17AM +0100, Tim Goodwin wrote:
 (...)
 >But I don't understand why you want to do this: rc automatically keeps
 >$path and $PATH synchronized.

woops ... I'm afraid I didn't RTFM carefully enough once again :-).
Thanks for the hint. Well, at least I'm keeping this list lively :-D

bye  -carlo