* akanga
@ 2001-01-21 15:37 Carlo Strozzi
From: Carlo Strozzi @ 2001-01-21 15:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: rc

Hi all.

Foraging around the net I have found a little rc-based gem, which
name is "akanga". In spite of such an horrible name (IMO) -- I would
have called it rc+ or something like that -- this shell, which is 99%
pure rc, offers exactly those little improvements that the original
rc is lacking, the most outstanding of which are:

* read (for line-oriented input)
* mktemp
* let
* expr
* lock

Now my question: what about incorporating those features into
the main rc source code ? I sent a message to akanga's author,
mr. Wolfgang Zekoll, asking about his future plans, if any, for
akanga, but I got no reply. My concern is that if the handful of code
that implements those features does not get merged into the main rc
source, akanga will eventually get out of sync with the latter and
become obsolete. That would really be a shame.

cheers,
carlo
--
 / \ / \ / \ / \ / \	Contro i brevetti software

only message in thread, other threads:[~2001-01-22  3:41 UTC | newest]