* New snapshot rc-1.6s200106-18 available
@ 2001-06-18 14:47 Tim Goodwin
From: Tim Goodwin @ 2001-06-18 14:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: rc

I'm sorry that there's been no news of rc recently; I've been
engrossed in other project (monadic parser combinators, anyone? :-).

Anyway, a couple of significant problems have emerged recently: newer
versions of gcc don't allow you even to pretend to pass a short to a
stdargs function; and job control seems to have got even more complex.
This snapshot fixes both those, and a few other nits.  A full list of
changes since the last beta is appended.

Please test this, and report any problems back to me; I'd like to get
a new beta out the door soon.

Thanks,

Tim.

2000-04-19

  Bug: isatty() tests in input.c are relevant to any fd, not just 0.
  Now `. -i /dev/tty' works right.

  Bug: fn sigexit wasn't always cleared in child shells.

  Bug: `~ () '*'' dumped core.

2000-05-25

  Portability: need special runes for read() returning EIO under job
  control systems.

2000-06-20

  Feature: add `-I' flag (definitively not interactive) for
  compatibility with Plan 9 rc.

2000-11-27

  Portability: configure fails to detect strerror() on NetBSD; we need
  to include <string.h>.

2001-06-18

  Bug: you can't pass a short to a stdargs function!