* -V ?
@ 2001-06-18 19:27 erik quanstrom
From: erik quanstrom @ 2001-06-18 19:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: rc

the NEWS file claims a -V option, which doesn't seem to
exist in main.c

erik

* Re: -V ?
@ 2001-06-19 10:01 ` Tim Goodwin
From: Tim Goodwin @ 2001-06-19 10:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: quanstro; +Cc: rc

> the NEWS file claims a -V option, which doesn't seem to
> exist in main.c

Ah, hmm, well.

I haven't updated the NEWS file since the 1.6 release; it still
describes changes since 1.4.  This is an oversight, rather than a
deliberate policy!  I've scratched the file, and started again with
major changes since the 1.6 release (of which there aren't all that
many).  So in the next snapshot / beta, NEWS will be relevant again.

As to the `-V' flag, I replaced it with the `$version' variable.  This
makes it easy to find the version of the current rc, which you
couldn't do with the `-V' flag, and you can always say

    rc -c 'whatis version'

to get the effect of the old `-V'.

Tim.