* Re: unix RC shell bug
@ 2001-09-03  7:23 Byron Rakitzis
From: Byron Rakitzis @ 2001-09-03  7:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: decklin, matt; +Cc: rc

$^ came years before $" was introduced into plan9's rc.

I guess there's no reason not to make Unix rc understand $" as well,
but it would be important to leave $^ as is.

* Re: unix RC shell bug
@ 2001-09-03  8:19 Smarasderagd
From: Smarasderagd @ 2001-09-03  8:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: byron, decklin, matt; +Cc: rc

Byron Rakitzis <byron@rakitzis.com> writes:
>$^ came years before $" was introduced into plan9's rc.
>
>I guess there's no reason not to make Unix rc understand $" as well,
>but it would be important to leave $^ as is.

Ideally, other uses of " should not become syntax errors, although I haven't
taken advantage of it being just another character myself.