* Re: Release candidate rc-1.6c4 available
@ 2001-11-01 16:20 erik quanstrom
From: erik quanstrom @ 2001-11-01 16:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: rc

okay, i'm missing something. what was needed to have
rc support large files? there is only one seek in
rc -- and it seeks 0 bytes from the end of the history
file. that can't be it. a grep for _LARGE_FILES doesn't
reveal anything either.

so where's the change?

erik

---------------

A new beta release, which is also a release candidate for the next
full release, is available from the usual place.

    http://www.star.le.ac.uk/~tjg/rc/beta/rc-1.6c4.tar.gz

I've appended the (short!) ChangeLog since the last beta release.

I need your help to decide if this release candidate is a trick or a
treat.  I'm using this version (with GNU readline) on RedHat, SunOS,
and Tru64.  I've also built and tripped it on CygWin, Irix, NetBSD,
and OpenBSD.  *Particularly* if you're using a different OS than
these, I need you to test out this release candidate, and let me know
how it goes.  But if you're using one of these, you're not excused:
test it anyway, try a different line editing library, proof read some
documentation...

As always, your feedback makes rc better for everyone.

Thanks,

Tim.

2001-10-25

  Feature: large file support (thanks Scott Schwartz, Chris
  Siebenmann).

2001-10-29

  Bug: space vs tab confusion in commented out Makefile rules to
  rebuild parser (thanks Gary Carvell).

2001-10-31

  Documentation: subscripted variables don't work in here documents.

  Release: rc-1.6c4.

* Release candidate rc-1.6c4 available
@ 2001-10-31 16:18 Tim Goodwin