* rc 1.6 $version
@ 2002-03-14 22:37 erik quanstrom
From: erik quanstrom @ 2002-03-14 22:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: rc

is there any way that $version could be changed either
to not be so magic (i.e. assigned at startup time) or
better something like _rc_version_. i have been discovering
scripts that no longer work with rc 1.6 ever since i installed
it because they were assigning to $version and expecting the
same value back. silly me.

erik

* Re: rc 1.6 $version
@ 2002-04-04 21:54 Byron Rakitzis
From: Byron Rakitzis @ 2002-04-04 21:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: paul, tjg; +Cc: rc

>I've made $prompt act in the same way; I wonder if $ifs should too?

I would have thought you'd want to export $prompt.

What about subshells?

* Re: rc 1.6 $version
@ 2002-04-05  1:38 Smarasderagd
From: Smarasderagd @ 2002-04-05  1:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: byron, paul, tjg; +Cc: rc

>I would have thought you'd want to export $prompt.

I'd rather have prompt exported as well.