From: callum.gibson@db.com
To: rc@hawkwind.utcs.utoronto.ca (rc Shell)
Subject: found a problem, sorry
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2002 20:09:30 -0500

I wish I'd seen this before the release but I haven't been testing them
religiously. Both 1.6c6 and 1.7 hang in make trip in the current directory
globbing on Solaris 2.6 - truss output shows:

6477/1:         getdents64(3, 0x0005F208, 1048) (sleeping...)

Something else is fishy because I can't even connect to the process using
adb. /usr/proc/bin/pstack only reports half a stack...

; /usr/proc/bin/pstack 6477
6477:   ./rc -p
 ef739ae0 getdents64 (3, 5f208, 418)
 ef74c0e8 _readdir64 (0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0) + bc

I have a vague recollection this might be something to do with dodgey
large file support on Solaris 2.6 which needs a patch to fix?

Apart from that it actually works fine in real life.
Also trips fine on FreeBSD 4.5-RELEASE.

Does anyone know if there are mailing list archives stored anywhere? There's
no link from the rc home page but I think I've come across it before.

Callum Gibson                               callum.gibson@db.com
Global Markets IT, Deutsche Bank, Australia       61 2 9258 1620
### The opinions in this message are mine and not Deutsche's ###