From: Tim Goodwin <tjg@star.le.ac.uk>
To: callum.gibson@db.com
Cc: rc@hawkwind.utcs.toronto.edu
Subject: Re: found a problem, sorry
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2002 11:32:50 -0500

> I wish I'd seen this before the release but I haven't been testing them
> religiously. Both 1.6c6 and 1.7 hang in make trip in the current directory
> globbing on Solaris 2.6 - truss output shows:

It's not as serious as you think; rc makes and trips fine on at least one
Solaris 2.6 box that I have here.

Suggest we take this off the list till we get to the bottom of it.
Can you send me the output of `showrev -p' on your failing 2.6 box?
Also, are you building on a local filesystem, or NFS, etc?

> Does anyone know if there are mailing list archives stored anywhere? There's
> no link from the rc home page but I think I've come across it before.

There's a couple of list archive files in

    ftp://ftp.sys.utoronto.ca/pub/rc/

but it only seems to go up to January 2001.

Tim.