* New rc snapshot available (1998-10-29)
@ 1998-10-29 15:21 Tim Goodwin
From: Tim Goodwin @ 1998-10-29 15:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: rc

A new snapshot of rc is available from here.

     ftp://ftp.cygnus.com/pub/tgoodwin/rc/snap/rc-1.5s19981029.tar.gz

The changes in this snapshot are listed below.  Thanks to Gert-Jan Vons
and David Swasey for reporting these problems.

I'm pushing them out rapidly at the moment, as I want to get another
beta release wrapped up very soon.  I hope nobody's suffering
snapshot fatigue!

Tim.

1998-10-29

  Bug: the "null character ignored" warning was printed with the wrong
  line number.  Fix by adding an offset argument to pr_error.

  Portability: work around readline's broken treatment of a non-blocking
  input file descriptor.

  Testing: add `testing' auxiliary program; use `testing' to generate
  null character on the fly (since it's a nuisance having a literal
  null character in trip.rc); reset sigexit in `fn fail'; add test for
  nonblocking input file descriptor; fix test for cdpath.

  Portability: include <sys/types.h> before <sys/stat.h>.

only message in thread, other threads:[~1998-11-03  0:03 UTC | newest]