* call unix
@ 1992-01-01 13:34 Robert.van.Liere
From: Robert.van.Liere @ 1992-01-01 13:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: rc

I'm probably missing something that is quite obvious but
does anyone out there use call unix ('cu') to transfer
files to/from home ?

Call unix reads data from standerd input and, except for lines
starting with ~ (thats right, the tilde !), passes it to the remote
system. Lines starting with a tilde has special meanings. Unfortunately,
rc doesn't like this at all and (rightly so) complains about syntax
errors, etc, etc ..

Is there something I can do so that I can run cu with rc ? (what I do
now is first go into /bin/sh before invoking cu).

-- Robert

PS : I *have* to use cu because slip is just to slow (no ISDN (yet)
here in Amsterdam).

Robert van Liere, Department of Interactive Systems,
Center for Mathematics and Computer Science (CWI)
Kruislaan 413,  1098 SJ  Amsterdam,  The Netherlands
email: robertl@cwi.nl | tel: +31-20-592-4053 | fax: +31-20-592-4199

only message in thread, other threads:[~1992-01-01 13:34 UTC | newest]