@ 1993-05-23 20:22 Alan Watson
From: Alan Watson @ 1993-05-23 20:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: rc

People have mentioned a FAQ list in the past, but nothing came of it.
Over the last couple of weeks, I've gone through the mailing list
archive and patched together a rough first draft.  Coverage is fairly
idiosyncratic, and I'm sure I've missed out things that others would
consider essential for newcomers to rc.  Some of the questions aren't
really FAQs, but are IMHO sufficiently useful to a newcomer to rc that
they are worthy of inclusion.

The list is available by anonymous FTP as pub/rc/FAQ on
oldp.astro.wisc.edu.

There are five things you can do for me:

	(a) Tell me what's wrong;

	(b) Tell me what's missing;

	(c) Tell me what could be better explained or organized;

	(d) Tell me what shouldn't be included;

	(e) Tell me which combinations of machines, OSes, and compilers
	you have used to successfully compiled rc (and whether any
	tricks were necessary).  We have Decstations, Vaxes, Suns, and
	Alphas here, but I have only ever bother to compile rc up on my
	Decstation.

If this shapes up, perhaps it would be worth distributing with the
sources and to new subscribers to the mailing list.

Thanks,

Alan.

* Re: FAQ
@ 1993-05-23 21:58 Alan Watson
From: Alan Watson @ 1993-05-23 21:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: rc

I will maintain a file called FAQ.errata in the same directory as the
FAQ list.  This should save people from reporting the same bugs and
typos.  To my chagrin, FAQ.errata already contains one typo and one bug.

Alan.