* Re:  rc on a Convex handling interrupts correctly?
@ 1993-12-10 18:58 David Moore
From: David Moore @ 1993-12-10 18:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: jew, rc

	On a 486 running BSDI I see a different problem with ^C.
If I start up an sh script which does a 'someprog &' and exits, if I hit
^c in my rc after the script is finished then 'someprog' dies having
seen a SIGINT.  This does not occur if I start csh or sh and start the
script from within them.
	This problem took me a long time to notice, and kept a few people
trying to figure out why our server process would get SIGINTs at apparently
random times.

	Otherwise, don't have any problems with rc, having been using it
for almost 3 years.  Now if only I could get it to work on my A/UX machine.
My environment is too large for it with all my functions.

--
David Moore <dmoore@ucsd.edu> - SysAdmin/Programmer		   __o
UCSD | Dept. of Anesthesiology | V-151 | La Jolla, CA 92093-9151 _ \<,_

* rc on a Convex handling interrupts correctly?
@ 1993-12-10 17:16 James E Ward
From: James E Ward @ 1993-12-10 17:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: rc

I'm running rc under:

ConvexOS convx1.ccit.arizona.edu C240 11.0

and am having a problem with interrupt handling.  Sometimes, rc -l will exit
when I hit ^C.  Additionally, programs running under rc may not be seeing ^C
since they don't stop in a reasonable time.

I scanned the mailing list archive, but didn't see this discussed.  Sorry if I
missed it.  Can anyone help me out here?  I haven't used rc in a year or so...