* May I suggest we digestify the rc and es lists?
@ 1993-05-19  9:21 Richard Brooksby
From: Richard Brooksby @ 1993-05-19  9:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: rc, es

Much as I enjoy corresponding about rc and es I am finding that my
mailbox, which is already overloaded, is becoming even more so.  I am
even considering unsubscribing (to es at least) simply because I do
not have the time.

May I suggest that the rc and es lists are made into digests at the
distribution site?  I would much prefer to receive a daily message
containing correspondence, even though it would slow down the reaction
time somewhat.  (Actually, in my experience, slowing down the reaction
time often improves the content of a list.)

Is this technically feasible?  Do others agree that this would be a
good thing?

Please consider this carefully.  I beleive I have something to
contribute; it would be a shame if I didn't have the chance.
---
Richard Brooksby <richard@harlequin.co.uk>
ML Project / Symbolic Processing Division / Harlequin
+44 223 872522

* Re: May I suggest we digestify the rc and es lists?
@ 1993-05-19 16:20 ` Chris Siebenmann
From: Chris Siebenmann @ 1993-05-19 16:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: rc, es

 I have no digestification software in this mailer and, really,
not any time to find, test, install, and babysit it; not to mention
that digests are harder to deal with than plain mail for most
people. I also don't really find the volume on either list to be
particularly high.

	- cks

* Re: May I suggest we digestify the rc and es lists?
@ 1993-05-19 16:54 Jeff Bone  x223
From: Jeff Bone  x223 @ 1993-05-19 16:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: rc, es, cks

IMHO, digests are a pain.  Just my $0.02,

jb

* Re:  May I suggest we digestify the rc and es lists?
@ 1993-05-19 16:22 Paul Haahr
From: Paul Haahr @ 1993-05-19 16:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: richard; +Cc: es, rc

as an implementor of one of the two languages (the one that is
evolving more these days) having several rounds of correspondence
a day is very useful to me.  i would hate to see the latency
increased that much.

perhaps, if someone volunteered to do it, there could be digestified
versions of the lists and people could decide to subscribe either the
digestified or normal (undigestified) version.

i'd also like, by the way, to thank Chris for maintaining the lists
as well as the es distribution.  they are the only things about es
that haven't given me trouble.

paul