* Re:  rc handler/exec problem?
@ 1995-06-11  1:44 Byron Rakitzis
From: Byron Rakitzis @ 1995-06-11  1:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: alan, rc

I can reproduce this problem with 1.4 on OSF/3.0, but I can't do it with
the latest "release" (1.5-betadev).

Again I apologize for utterly failing to update rc from 1.4. Moving into
the real world from a university was more difficult than I imagined, for
many reasons.

If someone wants to volunteer to take over maintenance, I can help with
the transition. Otherwise you'll have to wait..

Byron.

* rc handler/exec problem?
@ 1995-06-11  0:46 Alan Watson
From: Alan Watson @ 1995-06-11  0:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: rc

After months (years?) without a problem, I've come across this little
weirdo in rc.

It would seem that rc is having problems generating the argument list
for an exec in the signal handler.  I first noticed this problem while
trying to exec /bin/kill -TERM $apids from a sigint handler, as I got
nothing but usage and <junk>: No such file or directory errors.  I've
reproduced it with /bin/echo (below).

This happens on Alphas running v2.0 and v3.2 OSF/1.

Someone please tell me I've done something really dumb.  Be charitable
and blame it on working too hard.

Alan

   ; cat sigint.rc
   /bin/echo foo