* rc for Solaris 2.4?
@ 1995-07-12 20:58 carvell
From: carvell @ 1995-07-12 20:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: rc

Does any kind soul out there have a working rc (or even
the right config.h) for a Sun SPARC 10 running Solaris
2.4?  I can't even get mine to run trip.rc all the way
through no matter what configuration I try.  It works
ok most of the time, but for about 5-10% of the commands
I enter, output is truncated after a random number of
lines.

Any help at all would be greatly appreciated.

Gary

--
Gary Carvell
Galaxy Global Corporation

* Re: rc for Solaris 2.4?
@ 1995-07-13 10:29 ` Paul Haahr
From: Paul Haahr @ 1995-07-13 10:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gary Carvell; +Cc: rc

Gary Carvell wrote
> Does any kind soul out there have a working rc (or even
> the right config.h) for a Sun SPARC 10 running Solaris
> 2.4?  I can't even get mine to run trip.rc all the way
> through no matter what configuration I try.

I compiled it with the configuration below and it seems to work and
trip fine, using 1.5beta1 and compiled with gcc 2.4.5.  But since I
run es most of the time, I might not have noticed bugs.

> It works ok most of the time, but for about 5-10% of the commands I
> enter, output is truncated after a random number of lines.

I haven't seen any bug like that.  Seems rather odd.  Output of what
is truncated?  The shell?  Programs it runs?

Paul

----

; diff config.h-dist config.h
199a200,208
> /*
>  * Suggested settings for SunOS 5.4 (Solaris 2.4)
>  */
>
> #if defined(__sun__) && defined(__svr4__)
> #define	PROTECT_ENV
> #define	SYSVR4
> #endif

;

* Re: rc for Solaris 2.4?
@ 1995-07-14 16:35 carvell
From: carvell @ 1995-07-14 16:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: rc

I would like to thank all those who responded to
my question on rc for Solaris.  While I haven't
had any luck with the config info people have sent
for rc 1.5betadev, I did receive a binary of 1.4
which does not have the command output truncation
bug (thanks Eric!).  If anyone needs it, I will be
happy to pass it along.

Gary