* Re:  Conceptual Integrity (Re: Update for Debian shells/rc-1.4-2)
@ 1997-03-04 16:57 Byron Rakitzis
From: Byron Rakitzis @ 1997-03-04 16:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: rc, richard

Thanks for the nice citation.

I didn't mean anything sinister by letting rc fly free with other GNU
tools -- as far as I know, rc is *already* included on the GNU tapes
and I just wanted to point out that it was time for a new version of rc
to propagate through the free software distribution channels.

I would love for someone to maintain rc, but given that no one has
stepped up to the task in the last 3-4 years it's time for me to turn
the crank once more. However, I absolutely cannot promise to continue
to maintain rc even at this extremely low level of activity.

Byron.

* Re: Update for Debian shells/rc-1.4-2
@ 1997-03-03 19:09 Byron Rakitzis
From: Byron Rakitzis @ 1997-03-03 19:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: rc, schwartz

Hi. I should mention that I am working less now with computers than I
have been in a while. I'm enrolled full time in the Utrechts
Conservatorium in the Netherlands, and I'm studying baroque flute and
bassoon.

That being said, I don't want to see rc unravel because of lack of
maintenance, and I would like to try to put together the fixes from the
last while and officially release it, so it gets picked up by the GNU
distrib and so on.

Given that I am stuck on my own with nothing but BSD on my pc, I will
have to ask for some volunteers to run trip tests. I'll mention it
again on the list once I get my act together so I can incorporate
these patches.

Byron.