* New snapshot rc-1.5s19981211 available
@ 1999-05-06 16:03 Tim Goodwin
From: Tim Goodwin @ 1999-05-06 16:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: rc

A new snapshot is available from here.

    http://www.star.le.ac.uk/~tjg/rc/snap/rc-1.5s19990506.tar.gz

Changes since the last beta are below.

If anyone has Debian Linux handy, please can you try this snapshot, and
confirm that, when configuring with readline, it correctly picks up
`-lncurses'.

Also, if anybody is using the new release of readline, readline-4.0, I'd
be interested to hear from you.  I've tried it myself, and it seems to
work, but more testing is always appreciated.

Tim.

1999-02-15

  Portability: AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE calls AC_ARG_PROGRAM and
  AC_PROG_INSTALL.  Don't do it explicitly.  For once, the configure
  script gets smaller!  Program name transformations work right now.

  Documentation: note that rc has no `set' builtin; fix weird variable
  name example; any character except `=' may be used in a variable name;
  document bqstatus; document rc's exit status; other tidying.

1999-03-01

  Documentation: document the yacc-imposed limit on ; separated commands
  in a line.

1993-05-06

  Portability: tgetent() might be in -lncurses instead of -ltermcap.

* Re: New snapshot rc-1.5s19981211 available
@ 1999-05-07  3:58 ` David Luyer
From: David Luyer @ 1999-05-07  3:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tim Goodwin; +Cc: rc

> If anyone has Debian Linux handy, please can you try this snapshot, and
> confirm that, when configuring with readline, it correctly picks up
> `-lncurses'.

Debian Linux now has at least one problem - there's no names for singals
in /usr/include/asm/singal.h (just numbers!)

Also, last time I compiled a new rc, this hit me:

#define _NSIG             32
#define NSIG            _NSIG

(the script tries to work out how many signals)

It would be nice to get a message for programs exiting on signals once
again (long ago I made my rc compile with names for all 31 signals defined
under Linux; current Debian packages don't give messages for many if any).

David.

PS: I did an rc port to BeOS mwcc recently, but won't bother submitting the
changes, since BeOS have dropped mwcc I believe and making it work under
that was ugly.

One thing that showed up which might be useful is

#ifndef SIGCHLD
#define SIGCHLD SIGCLD
#endif

* New snapshot rc-1.5s19981211 available
@ 1998-12-11 17:09 Tim Goodwin
From: Tim Goodwin @ 1998-12-11 17:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: rc

A new snapshot is available from here.

    http://www.star.le.ac.uk/~tjg/rc/snap/rc-1.5s19981211.tar.gz

Changes since the last snapshot are below.  There is a known problem
when trying to include non-standard library search paths with the HP-UX
compiler; I believe this is an autoconf bug, but will keep you posted.

Tim.

1998-12-08

  Portability: use AM_PROG_CC_STDC.  This obviates the need for a
  special hack on HP-UX.

  Documentation: document all the flags to `whatis'.

1998-12-09

  Tidiness: latest autoconf version has fixed AC_FUNC_SETPGRP, so we
  no longer need to supply our own.

  Portability: test for va_copy() needs to include <stdarg.h>.

1998-12-10

  Tidiness: move most of the configure.in nastiness into acinclude.m4.