* Beta release rc-1.5b5
@ 1999-01-27 16:07 Tim Goodwin
From: Tim Goodwin @ 1999-01-27 16:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: rc

A new beta release of rc is available, rc-1.5b5.

Only a couple of minor changes have been made since rc-1.5b4 (see below
for details).  If you grabbed the previous beta, don't bother with this
one (unless you're particularly keen :-).

If you have a few minutes, I'd encourage you to "try something new"
with this rc beta to help me shake out any remaining problems.  Maybe
build it for a strange machine; read the man page, or the installation
documentation, or my web page; use a feature or compile time option
you're not familiar with and see if it behaves as you expect.  Let me
know how you get on.

You can obtain rc from here.

    http://www.star.le.ac.uk/~tjg/rc/beta/rc-1.5b5.tar.gz

If you don't have gzip handy, remove the `.gz' for an uncompressed
tarball.  If you are unable to use HTTP to obtain rc, please contact me
and we'll figure out some way to get it to you.

Thanks to all the people who have contributed to this release, by
suggesting ideas, contributing code, or giving feedback on earlier
releases.

Tim.

1999-01-19

  Documentation: document the `-s' option.  Also, arrange the option
  documentation in alphabetical order.

  Tidiness: just install `history' to `$(bindir)/-'; don't create an
  extra link (which `make clean' failed to remove).

1999-01-22

  Bug: `-s' should not imply `-i'.

  Testing: add regression test for `-s' behaviour.

1999-01-27

  Documentation: default path was out of date; minor consistency
  improvements.

  Release: rc-1.5b5.

only message in thread, other threads:[~1999-01-27 22:00 UTC | newest]