sam-fans - fans of the sam editor
From: matty@cs.su.oz.au (James Matthew Farrow)
To: sam-fans@hawkwind.utcs.toronto.edu
Subject: Re: Building sam
Date: Sat, 18 Dec 1993 06:20:10 -0500	[thread overview]

[-- Attachment #1: Type: text/plain; charset=X-utf-2, Size: 949 bytes --]

    From:	Andy Vick <A.J.Vick@durham.ac.uk>
    Date:	Fri, 17 Dec 1993 03:53:31 -0500
    Subject: Building sam

    Has anyone out there built sam on a DEC Alpha ?
    	Andy Vick.

I had a go.  A problem seems to be that sam & samterm pass around
identifiers for things and use the pointer to the object to do so.
They pass 4 bytes.  This is fine when pointers are 4 bytes but tends
to fall apart on the alpha.  I concluded this after an afternoon of
frustration trying to get 9term/sam compiled in our alpha environment
some time ago.  I would not bet on being right.  Someone please
correct me if I'm wrong.

					Matty.
--
James Matthew Farrow                    | "For in that moment I beheld the ruin
matty@cs.su.OZ.AU                       | of my existence.  My world fell dark