sam-fans - fans of the sam editor
* Re: Newbie Question about Sam, and keyboard operations
@ 1994-01-07 23:02 Byron Rakitzis
From: Byron Rakitzis @ 1994-01-07 23:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: noel, sam-fans

>yes, there is a way to perform cursor movement without using the mouse.
>use emacs.

Ha ha, very funny.

It's intolerant sarcasm like this that makes labs religion so much fun,
eh?

* Re: Newbie Question about Sam, and keyboard operations
@ 1994-01-08 23:13 ` noel
From: noel @ 1994-01-08 23:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sam-fans

    From:	byron@ghoti.netapp.com (Byron Rakitzis)
    Subject: Re: Newbie Question about Sam, and keyboard operations

    >yes, there is a way to perform cursor movement without using the mouse.
    >use emacs.

    Ha ha, very funny.

    It's intolerant sarcasm like this that makes labs religion so much fun,
    eh?

i am afraid that the earlier correspondent has failed to see something
very basic in the design of sam. if my chiding takes the form of sarcasm,
that hardly amounts to intolerance.

* Re: Newbie Question about Sam, and keyboard operations
@ 1994-01-07 22:31 ` noel
From: noel @ 1994-01-07 22:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sam-fans

    From:	"Mark C. Carroll" <carroll@udel.edu>

    When you're typing text inside of the file window, is there any way to
    perform any cursor movement without using the mouse? It seems that the
    only options are to either reposition the cursor using the mouse, or
    mouse into the command window, and use a positioning command from
    there to shift. This is very cumbersome for routine editing tasks.

@ 1994-01-07 16:15 Mark C. Carroll
From: Mark C. Carroll @ 1994-01-07 16:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sam-fans

Greetings!

I've just discovered Sam, and I'm rather intensely impressed by it. It
seems to be a really beautiful editor. I've got one question about it,
which I can't find an answer to in the manuals.

When you're typing text inside of the file window, is there any way to
perform any cursor movement without using the mouse? It seems that the
only options are to either reposition the cursor using the mouse, or
mouse into the command window, and use a positioning command from
there to shift. This is very cumbersome for routine editing tasks.

	<MC>