sam-fans - fans of the sam editor
From: arnold@cc.gatech.edu (Arnold Robbins)
To: sam-fans@hawkwind.utcs.toronto.edu
Subject: yet another creeping feature suggestion
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 1994 10:33:03 -0500	[thread overview]

The discussion about sam features and alternate samterms brings to mind
the "feature" I'd really like to see in samterm, which is some way to
add things to the button 3 menu.  In particular, I'd like to be able to
add some way to send my own strings at the sam command window.  This comes
up most often when I'm hacking text, and I'd love to be able to use a
menu item to send ``|fmt'' at the command window.

As an aside, what I like about sam is the *combination* of the point and click
to type model with the powerful command language of ed.  The two together
are (as in so many things from the btl research group) a whole that is
greater than the sum of the parts.

Arnold

P.S. And no, it should not be done as X resources! Gack. A .samtermrc
suits me fine.