sam-fans - fans of the sam editor
From: Kiran Pamnany <kp@sas.soft.net>
To: sam-fans@hawkwind.utcs.toronto.edu
Subject: Re: changes to sam
Date: Thu, 8 Aug 1996 00:11:22 -0400

| > Bobf has kindly packaged up a fresh distribution. It's at the
| > usual place, ftp://netlib.bell-labs.com/research/dist/sam.shar.Z
| > (or something close, that's from memory).
|
| At the risk of seeming retentive in the bottom department, the URL is
| ftp://netlib.bell-labs.com/netlib/research/sam.shar.Z

Look what happened when I tried to get it:

--- snip ---
samar:~$ ftp netlib.bell-labs.com.
Connected to netlib.bell-labs.com.
20 Plan 9 FTP server ready
Name (netlib.bell-labs.com.:kp): anonymous
421 Service not available, remote server has closed connection
Login failed.
No control connection for command: No such file or directory
ftp> quit
samar:~$
--- snip ---

This happened many times, yesterday and today. I'm
trying to ftp from sas.sas.soft.net.

What's wrong?

	--Kiran