sam-fans - fans of the sam editor
From: Ed Kubaitis <ejk@uiuc.edu>
To: sam-fans@hawkwind.utcs.toronto.edu
Subject: Re: sam for WinNT?
Date: Fri, 3 Jan 1997 16:05:42 -0500

Arnold D. Robbins wrote:

> I know this has been asked before, but I haven't paid attention. I expect
> to soon be working on WindozeNT, and would prefer to not have to leave
> sam behind.
>
> I would hope that a libg for NT would be enough to get the rest of sam
> going, but don't know. Does anyone know of a port of sam to NT?

Boy, that would be great if someone did a port. But a couple
weeks ago when an NT 4.0 box landed on my desk (for a port
of some security related Perl CGI stuff), I figured
'a libg for NT' was one of those things much easier said
than done, especially on a platform where a C compiler
is the exception rather than the rule, and didn't bother
to ask:-)

FWIW, I'm told that a $27 shareware editor called TextPad
is probably what I want. See http://www.textpad.com/

Ed Kubaitis - ejk@uiuc.edu
University of Illinois - Urbana - CCSO