sam-fans - fans of the sam editor
From: "Michael K. Rosenberg" <mkr@ny.ubs.com>
To: Pete Fenelon <pete.fenelon@info-com.com>
Cc: sam-fans@hawkwind.utcs.toronto.edu
Subject: Re: sam for 95/nt
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 1997 10:58:07 -0500	[thread overview]

has anyone dealt with this problem? in my opinion, the best
solution would be that sam on nt writes a cr/lf when you hit
return, and does not show the cr character. this makes
the files different from ones created on unix systems, but,
makes them consistent with all other text files and text utilities
on nt, such as printing utilities. i guess this is what pete meant
in his suggestion below.

i'm keeping my fingers crossed that there is a better nt version
of sam out there somewhere....otherwise, i think i'm going to be
stuck with notepad.

mike