sam-fans - fans of the sam editor
From: "Mark H. Wilkinson" <mhw@kremvax.net>
To: Jim Crigler <criglerj@yahoo.com>
Cc: Sam Fans <sam-fans@hawkwind.utcs.toronto.edu>,
	Wily Fans <wilyfans@jli.com>
Subject: Re: wily-9libs and sam-9libs on 24-bit Linux display
Date: Mon, 8 May 2000 18:22:24 -0400

Jim Crigler wrote:

> Before I delve into the particulars, is does anyone know in advance why
> wily-9libson a 24-bit Linux display works fine (modulo I can't use the capslock
> key), while sam-9libs (samterm, actually) balks?  They were built in the same
> 9libs hierarchy at the same time.

Probably because sam allocates new bitmaps for things like pop-up menus while wily
doesn't (not having menus) - if you run the libXg test program does it crash when
it gets to the menu test on the same display?

libXg just doesn't work with some bitmap depths, notably 15bpp. However, I thought
it worked Ok on 24bpp displays so I'd like to dig a bit more to find out what's
going on.

-Mark.