sam-fans - fans of the sam editor
* Why people like sam
@ 1993-12-11  5:12 Beirne Konarski
From: Beirne Konarski @ 1993-12-11  5:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

Well, I put out a message a month ago asking why people liked sam, since I
couldn't see any benefits to it.  No one told me why, but it was recommended
that I get some of the extension patches.  I installed samx-2, which made the
editor usable on a daily basis, and I think I now understand.  The key is that
sam is designed to be fun for programmers.  In this case the fun is having a
puzzle to solve every few minutes as you try to figure out how to achieve a
modification with regular expressions.  This is turning out to be more
interesting than a lot of my real work.

Beirne
Beirne Konarski                 | Reading maketh a full man, conference a
beirnek@summitis.com            | ready man, and writing an exact man.
"Untouched by Scandal"          |       -- Francis Bacon

* Re: Why people like sam
@ 1993-12-11 11:31 ` Peter Collinson
From: Peter Collinson @ 1993-12-11 11:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Beirne Konarski; +Cc: sam-fans

Editors are a religious topic.

Whether you like them or not is probably irrational.