sam-fans - fans of the sam editor
* Re: Building sam
@ 1993-12-17  9:11 Steve_Kilbane
From: Steve_Kilbane @ 1993-12-17  9:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sam-fans

> Also, does anyone know how hard it would be to get samterm
> running under MS-Windows using winsock ?

glurk. you're talking about porting samterm to windows? Aaaahahahahahahaa!
now, win32, mebbe. but you've got to port libg first, and you need to be
able to do things like allocating and deallocating memory without losing
your sanity. out of curiosity, how would you cope with the three-button
problems - one of the nice things about sam is the mouse chords patch,
which makes it such a pleasure.

steve

* Re: Building sam
@ 1993-12-18 11:20 ` James Matthew Farrow
From: James Matthew Farrow @ 1993-12-18 11:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sam-fans

[-- Attachment #1: Type: text/plain; charset=X-utf-2, Size: 949 bytes --]

    From:	Andy Vick <A.J.Vick@durham.ac.uk>
    Date:	Fri, 17 Dec 1993 03:53:31 -0500
    Subject: Building sam

    Has anyone out there built sam on a DEC Alpha ?
    	Andy Vick.

I had a go.  A problem seems to be that sam & samterm pass around
identifiers for things and use the pointer to the object to do so.
They pass 4 bytes.  This is fine when pointers are 4 bytes but tends
to fall apart on the alpha.  I concluded this after an afternoon of
frustration trying to get 9term/sam compiled in our alpha environment
some time ago.  I would not bet on being right.  Someone please
correct me if I'm wrong.

					Matty.
--
James Matthew Farrow                    | "For in that moment I beheld the ruin
matty@cs.su.OZ.AU                       | of my existence.  My world fell dark

* Building sam
@ 1993-12-17  8:53 Andy Vick
From: Andy Vick @ 1993-12-17  8:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sam-fans

Has anyone out there built sam on a DEC Alpha ?
Also, does anyone know how hard it would be to get samterm
running under MS-Windows using winsock ?
	Andy Vick.
Andy Vick,                                   E-mail: A.J.Vick@durham.ac.uk
Department of Physics,
University of Durham,                        Tel: 091-374-2000 (Switchboard)
South Road,					  091-374-2105 (Direct)
DURHAM, DH1 3LE                              Fax: 091-374-3749