sam-fans - fans of the sam editor
* Thanks for menuhit advice
@ 1994-03-22 17:42 hc05
From: hc05 @ 1994-03-22 17:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thanks to all for the menuhit advice.  I just compiled it and it works
fine, even with samx2.  Since sam does such a good job of avoiding
arbitrary limits, I am glad not to be limited in the number of files I
can easily work with (yes I know I can always type "b filename").

Beirne
Beirne Konarski                 | Reading maketh a full man, conference a
beirnek@summitis.com            | ready man, and writing an exact man.
"Untouched by Scandal"          |       -- Francis Bacon

* Re: Thanks for menuhit advice
@ 1994-03-22 18:39 ` Axel Belinfante
From: Axel Belinfante @ 1994-03-22 18:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

Beirne Konarski <beirnek@summitis.com> writes:
> Thanks to all for the menuhit advice.  I just compiled it and it works
> fine, even with samx2.  Since sam does such a good job of avoiding
> arbitrary limits, I am glad not to be limited in the number of files I
> can easily work with (yes I know I can always type "b filename").

Well, there _is_ a limit (or did i miss something???):

samterm/samterm.h:#define       MAXFILES        256

(which i found when i did something like 'sam */*.[ch]' - after sam panic-ed
 ("menuins"), i checked and found that i tried to load > 1000 files... :-)
That 'panic' surprised me a bit, though - i second above praise about
avoided arbitrary limits: i use to 'sam first, ask questions later'
(like: 'how many files i'm loading?') and it (almost :-) always works!!

Axel.

<Axel.Belinfante@cs.utwente.nl>   tel. +31 53 893774   fax. +31 53 333815
     University of Twente, Tele-Informatics & Open Systems Group
       P.O. Box 217    NL-7500 AE Enschede      The Netherlands
     "ili ne sciis ke estas neebla do ili simple faris" -- Loesje