sam-fans - fans of the sam editor
* tr using c
@ 1994-04-11 19:11 hc05
From: hc05 @ 1994-04-11 19:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

Page 10 of the sam tutorial gives an example of how to convert lower
case to upper case using a pipe through tr.  It then says: "Of course,
you could do this more efficiently with a simple c command...".  How
would I do this without using 26 c commands?

Thanks,
Beirne
Beirne Konarski                 | Reading maketh a full man, conference a
beirnek@summitis.com            | ready man, and writing an exact man.
"Untouched by Scandal"          |       -- Francis Bacon

* Re:  tr using c
@ 1994-04-11 19:27 rsalz
From: rsalz @ 1994-04-11 19:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sam-fans-owner, sam-fans

>would I do this without using 26 c commands?
you could write a script to create the 26 c commands and feed them
into the sam pipe...