sam-fans - fans of the sam editor
* First character of selected space
@ 1994-05-18 15:43 hc05
From: hc05 @ 1994-05-18 15:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

I have a set of C identifiers for which I would like to make the first
letter capital, through a pipe to tr.  The problem is selecting the
first character from the currently selected text, so I can pipe on it.
As an example, I want to take

id1, xl2,
rs4, a

and turn them into

Id1, Il2,
Is4, A

Is there a way to select the first character of each identifier so I
can pipe it to tr "[a-z]" "[A-Z]"?

Thanks,

Beirne

Beirne Konarski                 | Reading maketh a full man, conference a
beirnek@summitis.com            | ready man, and writing an exact man.
"Untouched by Scandal"          |       -- Francis Bacon

* Re: First character of selected space
@ 1994-05-18 17:42 ` hc05
From: hc05 @ 1994-05-18 17:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

Boy, there's nothing like reading your own mail!  The example should show

id1, xl2,
rs4, a

becoming

Id1, Xl2,
Rs4, A

rather than the meaningless set of values I used.

Sorry and Thanks,

@ 1994-05-19 14:18 hc05
From: hc05 @ 1994-05-19 14:18 UTC (permalink / raw)