sam-fans - fans of the sam editor
* Re: 9wm: A Lightweight X Window Manager in the style of 8 1/2
@ 1994-12-14 20:41 David Hogan
From: David Hogan @ 1994-12-14 20:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: steve; +Cc: sam-fans

>Could you provide me with some filenames, too? My only access to ftp is
>via relays, so browsing's extremely difficult.

Just get 9wm-1.0.shar.Z

* Re: 9wm: A Lightweight X Window Manager in the style of 8 1/2
@ 1994-12-13  8:42 steve
From: steve @ 1994-12-13  8:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dhog; +Cc: sam-fans

>  In
> the meantime, you can get it via anonymous ftp from ftp.cs.su.oz.au,
> in the directory /dhog/9wm.

Could you provide me with some filenames, too? My only access to ftp is
via relays, so browsing's extremely difficult.

steve

* 9wm: A Lightweight X Window Manager in the style of 8 1/2
@ 1994-12-13  0:36 David Hogan
From: David Hogan @ 1994-12-13  0:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: plan9-fans, sam-fans

I have just released version 1.0 of my X window manager, 9wm.  9wm
attempts to capture the look and feel of the Plan 9 windowing system
"8 1/2".  This provides a minimal yet comfortable user interface.

9wm is particularly handy for users who are constantly moving back
and forth between Plan 9 and X windows, but it should also appeal
to non-Plan 9 users, particularly those who are sick of the amount
of time that certain other window managers take to start up ;-)

9wm should be appearing on comp.sources.x soon, if all goes well.  In
the meantime, you can get it via anonymous ftp from ftp.cs.su.oz.au,
in the directory /dhog/9wm.  9wm is freely available.