sam-fans - fans of the sam editor
* Re: handlebar streamers
@ 1995-03-13  8:29 Steve_Kilbane
From: Steve_Kilbane @ 1995-03-13  8:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sam-fans

*What* is this subject about?

Arnold writes:
> Does anyone have a good idea as to how hard it would be to get sam/samterm
> to change the icon name to the current file?

Hmm. Shouldn't be *too* difficult - if you want a *really* easy hack, put
a call to the icon-setting function in the menu-line creation function.
After all, it has to know the name and whether the file is current (ugh!).

> That way if I have several
> samterms running (from, say, different machines) and hidden with 9wm, I can
> tell by looking at the 9wm menu which one I want to restore.

Ah, in that case, there's a simpler way - you could do it from outside
sam. I don't mean having the icon name changed automatically, but you
could use 9term's "label" to change the icon name of samterm. If you
wanted, you could also have it send a "b" to sam's pipe. :-)

steve

* handlebar streamers
@ 1995-03-12  4:14 arnold
From: arnold @ 1995-03-12  4:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sam-fans

Does anyone have a good idea as to how hard it would be to get sam/samterm
to change the icon name to the current file?  That way if I have several
samterms running (from, say, different machines) and hidden with 9wm, I can
tell by looking at the 9wm menu which one I want to restore.

Yet Another Random Thought,

Arnold