sam-fans - fans of the sam editor
* Re: 9term/9wm hacks
@ 1995-05-01  8:18 Steve_Kilbane
From: Steve_Kilbane @ 1995-05-01  8:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: hc05; +Cc: sam-fans

> From: hc05@summitis.com
> I've loaded the patches to both 9term & 9wm on an RS/6000 running AIX
> 3.2.5.  9term worked fine, but I had trouble with 9wm.  I lost the
> ability to use the mouse to anything but bring up the root menu or a
> 9menu.  The mouse would not work for scrolling, selecting text, or
> bringing up a window.

Interesting. I suspect the either the select() or FIFO handling, since
they seem like areas AIX could be broken in, but since I've never used
AIX I can't comment. select() seems the most likely, since if there
was a FIFO problem it would probably hang completely. Does anyone
with more AIX experience have any pointers?

steve

* 9term/9wm hacks
@ 1995-04-28 20:41 hc05
From: hc05 @ 1995-04-28 20:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

>Subject: 9wm/9term cmdpipes
>
>A while ago, I mentioned some hacks I'd done to 9term to add a
>command pipe, like sam's. Rich $alz commented that 9wm could do
>with something similar, and I couldn't resist. This is the
>result, including patches for both 9term and 9wm. There are
>probably bugs, but they work ok for me. :-) A README file
>is included.
>
>Steve

I've loaded the patches to both 9term & 9wm on an RS/6000 running AIX
3.2.5.  9term worked fine, but I had trouble with 9wm.  I lost the
ability to use the mouse to anything but bring up the root menu or a
9menu.  The mouse would not work for scrolling, selecting text, or
bringing up a window.  I had to write to the pipe to bring up an xterm
so I could exit.  I otherwise like the idea, though, and am not
complaining.  I think I'll use the 9term pipe to see if I can work elm
from a 9menu.

Thanks,
Beirne

Beirne Konarski                 | Reading maketh a full man, conference a
beirnek@summitis.com            | ready man, and writing an exact man.
"Untouched by Scandal"          |       -- Francis Bacon

* 9term/9wm hacks
@ 1995-02-07 12:59 Steve_Kilbane
From: Steve_Kilbane @ 1995-02-07 12:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sam-fans