sam-fans - fans of the sam editor
* 9term and $DISPLAY
@ 1996-08-19 23:45 Arnold D. Robbins
From: Arnold D. Robbins @ 1996-08-19 23:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sam-fans

Should 9term be putting the current display (from -display) into
the environment?  I find it frustrating to start up a 9term from a remote
machine to my local one (I have scripts and stuff from 9menu to do it)
and have to set my DISPLAY each time so I can run sam or other things.

Any reason not to?  It seems that xterm does, for whatever that's worth.

Arnold

* Re: 9term and $DISPLAY
@ 1996-08-20  4:06 ` Scott Schwartz
From: Scott Schwartz @ 1996-08-20  4:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Arnold D. Robbins; +Cc: sam-fans

arnold@infographix.com (Arnold D. Robbins) writes:
| Should 9term be putting the current display (from -display) into
| the environment?  I find it frustrating to start up a 9term from a remote
| machine to my local one (I have scripts and stuff from 9menu to do it)
| and have to set my DISPLAY each time so I can run sam or other things.
|
| Any reason not to?  It seems that xterm does, for whatever that's worth.

It definately should.  I've been running with this (in display.c)
for a long time now:

	setenv("DISPLAY", XDisplayString(_dpy), 1);

I thought I sent out patches for that, but maybe I forgot.