sam-fans - fans of the sam editor
* 8 1/2 for Unix?
@ 1996-04-03  6:07 Russ Cox
From: Russ Cox @ 1996-04-03  6:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sam-fans

In rob's paper on 8 1/2, he suggests that someone
port it to Unix just to show that its not plan9
dependant.  Has anyone seen such a port?
(I know of 9wm, 9term, etc, but I mean an actual
window system, not something that sits on X).

If this is the wrong place, let me know.

Thanks.
Russ

* Re:  8 1/2 for Unix?
@ 1996-06-24 19:21 Peter Seebach
From: Peter Seebach @ 1996-06-24 19:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sam-fans

I haven't seen one.  You could implement one which sat on X, but which
basically opened the root window and took it over.  You would have a *very*
hard time avoiding that dependancy, as graphics hardware varies.  But if
you wrote one which used a window, you could do pretty well.

-s