sam-fans - fans of the sam editor
* Re: sam for WinNT?
@ 1997-01-10 21:41 bobf
From: bobf @ 1997-01-10 21:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sam-fans

one of the guys in our group, sean quinlan, has a version of sam
that works on NT.  he started from the plan 9 version of sam, which
is based on libg and not libXg, and hacked the bitblt and font handling
in at a fairly low level.

he plans to make it available in binary form, which should be ok
for NT, when he gets the time to package it up.  i have no idea when
that will be, but sean or i will post an announcement to this list when
it is available.

* RE: sam for WinNT?
@ 1997-01-13  8:03 Nigel Roles
From: Nigel Roles @ 1997-01-13  8:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'sam-fans@hawkwind.utcs.toronto.edu',
	'simon.turner@wago.de'

I can think of two people here who would willingly pawn their
mother-in-laws for sam on W95. Can the source be available, as it needs
hacks to meet our company coding standard?

Nigel Roles, Symbionics Ltd..

* Re: sam for WinNT?
@ 1997-01-10 11:50 Simon Turner
From: Simon Turner @ 1997-01-10 11:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sam-fans, Arnold D. Robbins

Hello,

I have ported sam to W95 and I use this editor
most of the time. This port may well be ok for WinNT.

My port of sam has left the source files a little
untidy. At some point I intend to revisit the source
code, make it presentable and then make it available.

How soon do you need sam?

For other sam-fans:

Is anybody else interested in a Win95/WinNT version?
I would appreciate help in testing the ported editor as
I've become blind to many of it's failings.
Please let me know if you are interested.

simon
Subject: sam for WinNT?
Author:  arnold@colorstar.com (Arnold D. Robbins) at WG-ENI-SMTP
Date:    03/01/97 21:15

I know this has been asked before, but I haven't paid attention. I expect
to soon be working on WindozeNT, and would prefer to not have to leave
sam behind.

I would hope that a libg for NT would be enough to get the rest of sam
going, but don't know. Does anyone know of a port of sam to NT?

[ I probably won't reply for a while; heading to USENIX next week. ]

Thanks,

Arnold Robbins		Star Imaging L.L.C.
Phone: +1-404-523-4944	250 Williams Street, Suite 1120, Atlanta, GA 30303
Fax:   +1-404-523-4882	E-mail: arnold.robbins@colorstar.com
"Oh! Look at all those zeros!" --- Chana Robbins, at age 3.5

[parent not found: <199701031949.AA87304@ux2.cso.uiuc.edu>]
* sam for WinNT?
@ 1997-01-03 19:40 Arnold D. Robbins