sam-fans - fans of the sam editor
* Re: structural regexps just for searching
@ 1994-11-25 14:17 arnold
From: arnold @ 1994-11-25 14:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: rob, sam-fans

> it's easy to get it to scroll to the next match.  follow the command
> by an address, . :
>
> 	/[a-z0-9_]+ \(/ v/if|for|while|switch|return/
> 	.
>
> it's just like saying
>
> 	23
>
> to have it show you line 23

This works, but suprisingly (to me, anyway), it does not wrap around
the file...

Arnold

* Re: structural regexps just for searching
@ 1994-11-24 14:38 rob
From: rob @ 1994-11-24 14:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sam-fans

it's easy to get it to scroll to the next match.  follow the command
by an address, . :

	/[a-z0-9_]+ \(/ v/if|for|while|switch|return/
	.

it's just like saying

	23

to have it show you line 23

-rob

* structural regexps just for searching
@ 1994-11-24 13:25 Arnold D. Robbins
From: Arnold D. Robbins @ 1994-11-24 13:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sam-fans

I want to look for function calls where there is a space after the function
name and before the left paren. But I like spaces between my keywords and
the right paren.  I try something like this in the command window:

	/[a-z0-9_]+ \(/ v/if|for|while|switch|return/

This will find the next match, but the file window does not scroll to show . the
way it would for just a plain search.  Is there a way to get it to do this?
I'm a bit leary of just making a sweeping change

	, /[a-z0-9_]+ \(/ v/if|for|while|switch|return/ s/ //

Although it would probably work ok.

Please reply by mail, my home address is not on the list.

Thanks,

Arnold