sam-fans - fans of the sam editor
From: arnold@skeeve.atl.ga.us (Arnold D. Robbins)
To: 9fans@cse.purdue.edu, sam-fans@hawkwind.utcs.utoronto.ca
Subject: wily under SunOS
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 1995 06:02:00 -0400

[Apologies to those of you who'll see this twice.]

Here is what I had to do to get wily going under SunOS. Your mileage
may vary, as a lot of this was done after initial compiles, and most of
this is from memory. It should be enough though to get you going.

Wily comes up and stays up, I didn't do any actual editing with it yet.

First, make this change to include/u.h:

	*** u.h.orig	Tue Sep  5 05:48:40 1995
	--- u.h	Mon Sep  4 23:13:54 1995
	***************
	*** 45,52 ****
	--- 45,55 ----
	  #endif	/* UMIPS */

	  #ifdef	SUNOS
	+ #ifdef _POSIX_SOURCE
	  typedef	unsigned short	ushort;
	+ #endif
	  typedef unsigned long	ulong;
	+ typedef unsigned int	uint;
	  extern	char *strerror(int);
	  extern	void *memmove(void*, const void*, size_t);
	  extern	void *memcpy(void*, const void*, size_t);

Second, cut this file out and put it in the top level directory as `sun.ed'
and run it.
#!/bin/sh

echo "patching libframe/frbox.c"
cp -p libframe/frbox.c libframe/frbox.c.dist
ed libframe/frbox.c << EOF
/.*f->box.*=.*realloc/c
	f->box = f->box ? realloc(f->box, f->nalloc*sizeof(Frbox)) : malloc(f->nalloc*sizeof(Frbox));