On Thursday, May 9, 2013 at 7:03, Peter Hickman wrote: > All our chef scripts were written with ubuntu 10.04 in mind and we had not > correctly separated the os dependencies from the application deployment. > Then we had to deploy to Centos :) > > Opscode's runit cookbook supports CentOS (and other EL family distros) first class now, in version 1.0 and higher of the cookbook. It is a complete installation solution via the default recipe, and the runit_service resource is a fully developed feature complete service resource. http://ckbk.it/runit I'm biased of course since I wrote the code, but I think this is the best way to manage runit if you're using chef already. -Joshua