From: John Nielsen <knoglen@tele2.fr>
Subject: Re: /etc/runit/3 not executing correctly...
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2004 20:06:49 +0200	[thread overview]

On Monday 26 July 2004 18:18, Laurent Bercot wrote:
>  Just a silly idea :
> > echo 'Waiting for getties to stop...'
> > echo 6
> > svwaitdown -xk -t10 /var/service/getty-*
>
>  What if you insert "exec > /dev/console 2>/dev/console" here ?

Sorry, that didnt change anything.

> > With this script the last number being printet is "6". After that, it
> > just gives me the normal "Unmounting any remaining file systems. Now you
> > can turn off the power", so it exits somewhere while executing the first
> > svwaitdown command.
>
>  If you can boot your system again without an fsck, it means that the
> other services have stopped properly - so your script finished correctly.
> I guess that it does finish, but the "echo" commands don't print anything
> on the screen because of some weird VC deallocation thing happening when
> the gettys die.

I use reiserfs, so fsck wouldnt run anyway. :-) But it doesnt replay the log
when mounting which means it umounted properly. The last message i get from
runit (not from the script) is "unmounting any remaining filesystems", so
that would explain the clean mount.

Allso, I tried to pipe all of the echo lines out to a file instead to see if
it was just a strange screen problem, but the output still stopped at 6, so
the execution of the scripts stops at the first svwaitdown line, but runit
itself doesnt stop the shutdown.

Regards,

John