On Thu, Aug 26, 2004 at 09:06:54PM -0400, Charlie Brady wrote: > On Thu, 26 Aug 2004, Gerrit Pape wrote: > > Hm, I'm not sure yet. What do you think about runsvdir running runsv in > > a new process group, and not runsv the run script? > > That'd satisfy my concern, which is that a buggy run script or daemon can > easily take down the whole system. That's certainly not the resiliency > which people are looking for when they use supervise/runit. Or at least, > which I'm looking for. > > I have more than an academic interest in this issue, since I've been > bitten by it in the past. Here's a patch to runsvdir that adds a -P option to run each runsv process in a new session and process group. You need to change /etc/runit/2 or /sbin/runsvdir-start to enable it. Regards, Gerrit.